Wednesday, September 1, 2010

How to have a perfect long Munich weekend

Don't bother to drop off your suitcase; just S-bahn yourself straight to a biergarten, Augustiner perhaps, and find a bunch of hot chics.
Ideally, hot expert biergartening chics like these who greet you with a weinschorle and have the foresight to bring the biergarten essentials: tablecloth, obatzda, radishes, personal cooling device...
Buy a new kicky accessory for your dirndl and try it out with a whole lot of spinning.
Eat currywurst at Bergwolf in Gärtnerplatzviertel. It comes in vegetarian.
Make others in tracht at Max Emanuel Braurei pose like Family Feud.
Traipse through Marienplatz.
Eat outlandish amounts of pretzels in various shapes.
Hike with great friends.
Way up over Tegernsee.
Until you're so tired you fall asleep on the way back to Munich.
You may also want to buy a new suit at Hirmer for Jeremy, eat pancakes at Roxy in Schwabing, get takeaway pizza from the cute Italian guy around the corner from Jay, meet fun girls for lunch at Prinz Myshkin, have coffee at Treemans where you may or may not want a Treemagel, and almost miss your pick up time because you're so chatty.
Ahhh Munich, and Julie and Scott and Jay and Fredrik, thanks so much for the fabelhaft time!!

2 comments:

Jenny Wren said...

Wow wee! You can hardly even tell I am the same lady leering at Julie in one photo and then shoulder petting her in another. I should be in films with my incredible hair transformation! It was more than wonderful to see you and also for Uwe to get to know how fun and fabelhaft you are. I wish we had you back and you can easyjet it here to our place anytime.

In closing...

I never pet a dog on the red rocket. Gulp.
Oh wait! I think I did it wrong again!!!

em said...

aw jen, i'd love to easyjet out again soon! thanks so much for offering! and you're right on about your miracle vidal sassoon switcho chango. you could totally be a secret agent. bwah, red rocket. :)