Thursday, July 1, 2010

Last Day of June


Each time I pass this bike, I have an overwhelming urge to steal it, despite being cleverly dissuaded. The Christmas decorations are likely what do it for me. Or perhaps the warning that it's not real gold. I blurred out the obscene sketch to protect the modesty of my readers. You wouldn't have liked it, Mom.
I'm very taken with many of the signs in London, including this reminder to mind that child. I'm often told to mind things: the step, your head, the gap, your belongings. But with a demonstrative pronoun, I really feel like they're singling out a specific child I ought to be tending to.
Here we are minding the biergarten. It was really a pretty remarkable last June day. It started with a jog around Holland Park, shown right. Then, a jaunt in Richmond with my girls for a hint of Deutschland. And then I carried on to meet Amy in Hammersmith for a British pie with a protruding lamb leg and great anticipation of her upcoming move here!
And July holds many more things I anticipate: a train trip to Canterbury, more World Cup football (I'm thinking of switching over my lingo), a Fourth of July picnic in Wendy's fantasy garden, a visit from sister Maria and Jason, punting and bridge jumping in Oxford, a tour of the Cotswolds, a visit from T and C, an overnight in York, hiking in the Yorkshire Moors, and a three month job I'm hoping to get involving period dress!

No comments: