Monday, May 24, 2010

Paris with Whipsmeyers


I love excuses to go to Paris. When Jeremy once had a three month project there, it gave Sarah, Dave, Maria, Jason, Ron, Sandra, and I all an excuse to go. and treat our studio apartment like a clown car. But our most recent reason for visiting Paris was to see our awesome friends Guy and Christine and their unbelievably cute and good baby Anna. We spent the gloriously sunny weekend jogging in the Tuilleries, partaking of great cheeses, wines, and desserts,
learning the secrets of good sauce making (flour AND butter),
reading Anna her favorite books,
watching Bayern lose, (booo)
reminiscing in the Place des Vosges,
patronizing many a cafe, and enjoying two, now three counting Anna, of our favorite people ever in one of our favorite places ever. There are two pictures of the whole crew of us, taken using an automatic setting and Anna's stroller, and this is sadly the better of them.
Fortunately, we fared better with the family shot of Guy, Christine, and Anna.

7 comments:

Expats Again said...

How wonderful for you and your family. I enjoyed your post and your photos of Paris. This July I'm taking my 11 year old grandson there for three days. I can't wait to see it once again. My first trip was 20 years ago!

Jeremy said...

It was awesome to see Guy, Christine, and Anna again. I still feel like I haven't left them because Guy's musical renditions of two of Anna's favorite stories, "Snuggle Puppy" and "Go Dogs Go!" have been in my head all day. I wonder if he's been able to tune out all the Flight of the Conchords junk I made him listen to. Sugar lumps...

em said...

hi expats! i hope you enjoy your trip! like chocolate and snowdays, paris just doesn't get old.

jeremy! i can't shake the tune of snuggle puppy either. or the image of ed, ned, ted, and red in bed.

lips said...

Trust me, the tune of "hand, hand, fingers, thumb" pops up everywhere...it was super to see you guys! Anna seemed to be wondering where her extra readers were yesterday. Paris is awesome, but it was best with the two of you. Let the discussion of the next venue begin!

em said...

christine! you've de-lurked! :) the songs are nothing, i can't get over this craving for jam. specifically, razzamatazzberry. i suspect london would also be significantly cooler with whipsmeyers. and the search for the next french oder german destination is totally on.

Margaret said...

I read Molly and Nick Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb, when I was visiting last week. I am upstairs cleaning today and just ran across our copy. And then I see Anna with a copy! I love the Bye-bye Jake, Bye-bye Jack... cause that's the names of our two cats. Dum ditty
Dum ditty
Whack! Whack! Whack!

Sarah said...

I love seeing your Paris pictures. You look awfully comfortable with the adorable little Anna on your lap. Or, maybe just comfortable with the book on your lap. :) Can't wait to see you next week. All my love.