Saturday, September 19, 2009

En Route to Tube Stop

I start by going one block west onto the previously mentioned Portobello Road, the site of Portobello Market which causes Tesco to be rammed on Saturdays. 
The cute ice cream colored shops are open all week, but on Fridays and Saturday, Portobello Road also has swarms of visitors and neat stalls with stuff like
antique printer blocks,
cool old cameras, and a ton of other shiny and interesting things. The guy with the bawdy mugs told me I couldn't take a picture though. A bit farther down the road, I told Clayton I'd throw this in. Ignorance is strength. 
And then there's my super cute library, where yesterday I checked out Notting Hell, chic lit about two frenemies on a communal garden in Notting Hill, Searching for Schindler, and the movie Slumdog Millionaire. I must be the last person to see it. 

And our tube stop is just a wee bit beyond that. 

And in an unrelated apartment update:

Still no furniture, but come Monday, we shall climb into our own bed, as we have not since last year in June. And I do mean climb. Wait for the pictures of how this sucker barely wedges into our room. Er, assuming it makes it up the steps. 
Orchid blooms continue to drop like flies. I tried unsuccessfully to give it away while it looked presentable, but this window has elapsed, and its demise is imminent. despite my careful misting. 
I think our apartment is going to work out. Sometimes I look at it and feel like Lane Meyer when he looks at the teddy bear he got for Beth thinking, why are you so small? But we're working some magic on small space utilization, and I'm pretty sure that being able to sit on chairs will go a long way into winning us over on the place too.  

3 comments:

Birdie said...

Lane Meyer...:-)

Margaret said...

Love the new pictures. Pretty colors!

Anonymous said...

did you ever see bedknobs and broomsticks? Angela Lansbury sings a litty ditty called Portabello Road.

I love your new neighborhood and your new digs! Your desk area looks very inviting. How clever to paint the feet! I hope you purchased a bawdy mug--silly brits!