Jeremy took a spill at a soccer game a couple weeks ago that left him with a pretty ugly sprained ankle. So in lieu of mountain adventures, we've been exploring more of the local attractions like the Pinakothek der Moderne. Some modern art, especially when created from weird media like elephant dung, baffles me, but I loved the Magrittes and Klees, and this neat ceiling. The last picture is just of our gigantic cappuccinos; it was not an exhibit.
Last week, we went to the Haus der Kunst. This building was constructed by the Third Reich in the neo-classical fascist style as a propaganda building and originally filled with art Hitler deemed proper with a bunch of pictures of him. The museum now hosts temporary exhibits, and we saw one by William Eggelston, an American who captured everyday images from the South, most of them quite interesting though dreary.
After the museum today, we strolled with Jay in her favorite cemetery. It's a prewar cemetery and really a lot like a park since there are no new burials. No mourners to interrupt one's jog. I believe the pink flowers mean it's almost spring.
Finally, a small tribute to the Oases to whom we are waving in front of this Vegetarian Oasis.
2 comments:
Oh! Where is the vegetarian place? I have a veggie friend coming to visit soon and I'm terrified she'll be disgusted with all the Bavarian pork products.
Shera! oooh, can't remeber exactly where we were. somewhere in Schwabing. I hope she fared okay. I think I could live off the pretzels alone.
Post a Comment