Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day 3: Best Oktoberfest Breakfast Ever

After returning from Oktoberfest with Jeremy's colleagues late Friday night, I think it's safe to say we disturbed our gracious hosts' slumber. We rang them and made them buzz us in instead of using the key we forgot they gave us, tried to give them a good night steamroller, sat on their kitchen floor and ate all of their leftover pasta, tore through the cookies they'd brought home from Italy, and broke one of their glasses.
I might mention that we had a free hotel from Jeremy's work this evening but stayed with them because we so prefer their company. Um, I'm sure they prefer ours too. It was probably like having raccoons.
Instead of throwing us out though, they made us the best breakfast ever: French toasted pretzels with blueberry sauce!  We were so not worthy. You can see how Julie did it and learn fascinating bits about French toast here.
We spent the afternoon post pretzel visiting Jay and Fredrik and their new cutiepie Ella.
Ella was not born in a Taxi; this is just the name of the hospital where she was born.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I need that recipe!